Mascoutah Equipment Co, Inc was originally started in 1920 by Fred Bechtoldt. When he retired, his son, Carl Bechtoldt & Carl's wife, Gladys & Carl's sister, Elsie Batton continued to operate the Internationl Harvester dealership. The dealership was located at 9-15 S Jefferson, Mascoutah, Il at the corner of Jefferson & Main Streets. The original dealership also included appliances such as refrigerators & stoves. The appliance store, which was on the corner of Main & Lebanon Street, eventually closed & the farm equipment store remained in the building on Jefferson Street.
In 1978, Carl Bechtoldt passed away suddenly and the business was sold to Leo Wilhelm, Ed Lickenbrock & Tom Stookey. Leo and Ed were longtime employees at the store. Tom Stookey was a equipment manufacturer rep and originally employed as a mechanic at a farm equipment dealership. In 1989, Ed Lickenbrock retired. In 1990, Mascoutah Equipment opened another location in Albers, Il in a former equipment dealership building on RT 161. Leo Wilhelm retired in 1994.
In 1998, Mascoutah Equipment closed the rental building in Albers and built a new building at 10880 State Rt 177 next to Wehmeyer Seed Co consolidating both stores allowing more space for equipment display & service. During all those years and in a constant changing world, the same goal is to provide a line of quality products supported with parts & qualified service techs treating customers and employees with honesty, fairness and respect. Please contact Tom or Rob with any questions or concerns @ 618-566-2115 or 888-313-2115 or email them - firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com